Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Crisis List

I just got an email asking foster parents to reply if they would be willing to be put on the crisis list. The crisis list is a list of foster parents who are willing to take children who are removed in the middle of the night, or removed out of "normal" business hours. I first thought it was strange because I was under the impression that being a foster parent meant getting phone calls in the middle of the night or on a Saturday, or Sunday (I mean, trouble in families doesn't only happen M-F 8-5.) So I replied and said that we would like to be on that list....
I initially hesitated sending this email as I thought of how difficult this could be not getting sleep and having to potentially take care of 3 kids..... Then I realized.... Mom's do this all the time (I guess I have gotten spoiled now that Tristan is sleeping 10 hours straight!!) ..... Kids deserve to have someone who cares enough to sit up with them at night and welcome them to a loving home on the scariest night of their of their life. So, I think I can handle some lost sleep if it means being there for kids who really need someone.... and at 2am I am ready to be that someone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment